Bolt Type Shackles
Bolt Type Anchor Shackles
- Capacities: 1/3 thru 150 metric tons
- Forged, quenched and tempered with alloy pins
- Hot dip galvanized or self colored
- Shackles 25 ton and larger are RFID equipped
- Fatigue rated: 1/3 ton – 55 tons
- 2 ton through 25 ton bolt type shackles are Certified to meet Charpy impact testing of 42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) min. ave. at -20 degree C (-4 degree F)
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26
- Shackles 85 metric tons and larger are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the working load limit
- Shackles 120 metric tons and larger are provided as follows:
- Serialized Pin and Bow
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Material Certification (Chemical)
- Certification must be requested at time of order
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes
- 3.1 Certification as standard available for charpy and statistical proof test for up to 25 tons to DNV271 and EN13889
- Crosby 2t through 25t G2130 anchor shackles are type approved to DNV Certification Notes 2.7-1-Offshore Containers. These Crosby shackles are statistical proof and impact tested. The tests are conducted by Crosby and 3.1 test certification is available upon request.
- G-2130 Bolt Type Anchor shackles with thin head bolt-nut with cotter pin. Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-27ID Type IVA, Grade A, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Look for the Red Pin® – the mark of genuine Crosby quality.