Alloy Bolt Type Shackles
Alloy Bolt Type Anchor Shackles
- Alloy bows and bolts
- Forged alloy steel 30 thru 175 metric tons
- Cast Alloy Steel 200 thru 400 metric tons
- Pins are galvanized and painted red
- All sizes are RFID equipped
- Shackles are quenched and tempered, and can meet DNV impact requirements of 42 joules (31 ft. lbs.) at -20 degree C (-4degree F)
- All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the working load limit
- Crosby COLD TUFF® shackles that meet the additional requirements of DNV rules for certification of lifting applications (Loose Gear)
- Shackles 200 metric tons and larger are provided as follows:
- Serialized Pin and Bow
- Material Certification (Chemical)
- Magnetic Particle Inspected.
- Certification must be requested at time of order.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these shackles meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- G-2140 meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-27ID Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes.
- Look for the Red Pin® – the mark of genuine Crosby quality.