3/4" – 2"
Rotation of sleeve around an Acme threaded barrel
Steam, air and natural Gas, 150 psig @ 370°F
RIDGID RT3422 Tapping Tool
The Model RT3422 is designed for branching pressurized water, steam and natural gas mains. With up to 2″ capacity, corrosion-proof design, ability to handle most types of material and lightweight, the Model RT3422 is the tool to meet your tapping needs.
- Easy to Use: At only 21″, this lightweight and compact tool is great for tight quarters and awkward locations.
- Heavy-Duty Design: Sturdy machined, corrosion-resistant materials for dependable lifelong benefits.
- Built-in bleed valve allows for easy purge of chips.
- Independent cutter feed gives the operator total independent control of the cutter feed rotation for optimal saw life.
- Taps a variety of materials including steel, cast iron, ductile iron and plastic pipe.
- Versatile: The RT3422 is capable of tapping mains of water up to 500 psig and steam, air and natural gas up to 150 psig.
- Coupon Retaining Bits: Exclusive pilot bits give you the confidence that the coupon will not be dropped in the pipe, preventing medium contamination or possible damage of downstream equipment.